Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kind of like losing your car keys, but worse

I'm trying not to search for my happiness. I understand (sort of) that it's not so much where you find it, but within you all the time. I have not had it within for about, um...4 weeks now. You figure it out.

I don't like the person or teacher I am this year. I am stressed and not handling it well. I would really like to be more laid back and let things go. I have a really hard time with this. I want to do a good job. People are depending on me. I want to get it all done. With teaching, you can't. Everyone knows that. So why is this so hard? Why am I working so late? I really can't go on like this. Any pearls of wisdom are welcome!

I have let one thing go this year...I have no calendar up in my room. I don't feel bad about it. It wasn't a priority. Hell, I write the date on the board for them every day, who needs a calendar?

If you have any ideas where my happiness has gone, or how I can locate it again, please let me know. I miss it.

2 comments:

Chaya said...

I wish I could be there to lend you an ear. My only advice...take time for yourself doing things you love: yoga, meditating, hiking, planning trips, spending time with animals...I love you and miss you! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Lacey said...

Thanks my precious angel dust face Cha Cha. I will take your advice. Love ya mucho!!