Well folks. After game 1 of our double header tonight, it looked like we may be getting worse! It was like the Bad News Bears. The ones from the 70's, not that remake b.s. Seriously. 6:30 games are just not cutting it for us. The 100 plus degree heat literally sucks the life out of you. I mean, I don't even want to walk to my car in the heat, much less move my body around chasing a ball or run to the bases (if I should happen to get a hit!). It was bruuuutaaaaal. The mistakes were infinite and it seemed that the game would never end. But it did. And I have to be honest here...I wanted to go home! I was in no hurry to have a repeat of the first game. That would just be too much to handle. Too much heartbreak. Especially when next we were playing the undefeated team. Quite possibly one of the best teams in our league.
But, in true baseball fashion showing that it is anybody's game, we managed to play well in our 2nd game! We looked like a real team. And I don't just mean because we all have matching shirts. We were actually making plays and getting outs. Then we were hitting better. We were really giving them a run for their money. The other team was rattled. They didn't expect to get hustled (ok--not hustled, but I think they thought they would cream us!) Well, they didn't cream us. They did win, but damnit we didn't give up and came back from an embarrassing loss to keep up with them and even led at some point.
Way to go Bruisers!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear of this moral victory. Better that than to be creamed! And, for the record, your t-shirts ROCK. Bri was wearing hers at work today...
Ha! Thanks. We all wore them on game day. The shirts look like we should be tough, right!
Post a Comment