Yesterday I went shopping. Luckily I remembered my reusable bags! So, as I'm checking out, with my reusable bags, I'm sort of mesmerized by all the hustle and bustle at Target. We're all standing around together, talking, paying, watching, sacking items, typing in pins, among other things. A LOT was going on. It was funny. I just sort of took a minute to look around and soak up the moment (maybe this is a step towards enlightenment?!) Well, when I got back from la la land I noticed that no one else was using reusable bags. Why not?
Now I'm no green revolutionary. I eat meat. Sometimes I throw paper in the trash and not the recycling (yes I do!). I don't have solar panels on my house. But I do use reusable bags. Because it's the one little thing that I can do to help out. It doesn't really inconvenience me or change my lifestyle drastically. I even use them to put gifts in. They're awesome. There are all kinds and Old Navy has some really cute ones. So if you don't already, I ask you to buy a few reusable bags. They're super cheap and think of how you're helping the planet. Do it for your (Earth) mama!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Girl, I feel ya! Today I took my bags to the shopping center in Paraguay. The guy actually tried to put my reusable bag in a plastic bag. He just assummed it was one of my purchases. Funny, right? There is no concept of environmentalism here....maybe I will start a new trend!
Amen! I'm with ya on the reusable bags and I'm getting better and better at remembering to use them! I especially like the idea of using them for gifts...I'm stealing that one.
Ha! He tried to put your bag in a bag. Now that's funny! Yes, you'll have to start a trend there.
Yes Lori--use it and spread the love!!
Post a Comment