Since my new job (and I'm thankful everyday that I have it) is taking up most of my life (ok-all of it), I thought I'd post on my progress and my thoughts. Here it goes in list format:
1. My classroom is almost set up. I had no idea how tough this was. And time consuming. But hopefully it's a nice place they can come into and feel safe.
2. I have 'Meet the Teacher Night' in 2 days. And I'm the teacher. Oh my god.
3. I have really found out what stress can do to a body. I've never been so stressed in my life-or overwhelmed.
4. I haven't talked to my friends in awhile. That makes me sad.
5. I feel so lucky to have this job!
6. We're getting carpet in the duplex, so that means I don't have to work on staining the concrete floors. Hallelujah!!
7. I have met some wonderful people, most of which I'll be seeing everyday. Again-lucky.
8. I have my class list, along with records on them with their little pookie pictures on them. Adorable.
9. We will have a class pet. A fish. I'm going to let my students decide on the name.
10. I'm going to join our 'Improve the Planet' student organization. Should be fun.
11. Our class theme is a Jungle focusing on Monkeys.
12. As of last Friday, our school doesn't have a principal. What the shit?
13. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time.
14. I know a handful of my students and they are AWESOME!
15. I'm scared of a bunch of 4th graders.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment