Monday, February 28, 2005

Downsizing

There have been some changes around work. Many employees have left and some have been told to leave. I thought for sure on Friday I was going to be called into an office where they would begin to explain why I was expendable. But they didn't. I'll admit, I was a little surprised. After all, they now know I'm leaving to teach in the fall, so (to them) I'm basically giving them a reason to let me go. After all the hoopla, Friday night I had a dream that I was let go. And the person who let me go isn't even in HR, so there's no reason why she would tell me this. And, while letting me go, she proceeds to tell me how I'm an hour short everyday on my timesheet. We have to clock in/out on our computers, so that's really not possible. And I'm all-"nuh-uh, no I'm not." That's all I could come up with in my dream. That's where it ended.

So, when I got to work this morning and the whole HR Department is here before 8 a.m., I got a little nervous. I also saw the woman who fired me in my dream in the break room. I'm still a little pissed at her. How dare she accuse me of timesheet fraud. Anyways, I know I talk a lot of shit about this job, but it is what it is. A job. With benefits. With a few co-workers I like. Thanks for letting me keep my job. And no, I didn't post this at work.

No comments: