Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I need supervision

I was in a funk yesterday. It was Monday, afterall. (I really try to embrace Mondays, but they still suck.) Anyway, to make matters worse, as I'm backing my car out of my parking spot in our garage, so thankful to be leaving work, I backed right into a motherfucking suv. I really shouldn't be allowed to drive. Sadly, this has happened to me multiple times. I seriously should have a driver's ed. instructor with me at all times. Put your seatbelt on. Start the car. Foot on brake. Take off parking brake. Adjust the rearview mirror. Check your mirrors. Check your mirrors. CHECK YOUR FUCKING MIRRORS! And I did check them, but I looked forward for a second to see how I was doing on the left side. Oh, I was fine on the left. It's the back where I was off. The things that ran through my head-Are you kidding me? Again with the hitting another car while backing up? You are ridiculous! Then, slight panic struck me. I almost fled the scene. Then I remembered that I'm a grown up and I need to be held accountable for my less than perfect driving. Also, I don't exactly know where the cameras are in our garage. So, I assessed the damage. Their car had a huge scratch in the middle of their bumper and mine was hit in the exact spot of the last "incident", so no new damage. I left them a note that said "So sorry! I hit your car. (All of my info.) Sorry again!" I was breezy. Except that I couldn't leave the note under the windshield wipers because I guess they had some new technology shit and I couldn't even lift them up. Then, I tried to leave it on the door handle, no go. So, I stuck it between the driver's door and the frame. I called Chaya immediately to tell her that I've one-upped her again. I'm the worse driver of the two of us. Then I listened to some Bob Marley and decided that Tuesday would be much better.

Uh oh. The note might have fallen out. They haven't called me yet. Hopefully, it's not someone at my company. Aside from waiting for them, I did all that I could. Conscience=clear.

Sidenote:
For this reason alone, I don't want another new car. Ever. Not only do I have to worry about all of the other idiots out there, I can't drive for shit (more specifically back up for shit) and I don't need that kind of pressure.


RW Update:
They have painted the house. It's red. I looks like the Spaghetti Warehouse, long porch and all. I wish the roommates would move in already. As if I need yet another distraction from work? Um, yeah, I do.

Good day.

No comments: