Thursday, January 13, 2005

Excuse me?

Okay. When did it become such a big deal not to be married and have kids in your twenties? I'm 26. I'm single. I don't have any children to speak of. Thanks for pointing that out, though. As if I'm not cynical enough about finding Mr. Right, or at least someone who won't annoy me for the rest of my life, it has to be a big deal? I guess I breezed by the point that I'm not the norm now. Don't feel bad for me, either. I like my life. I have: great friends, a great family, a sense of humor, a job, a sparkly scarf, an education, stamping, crocheting, the summers off (soon enough!), vacations, a portable dvd player, single friends, cute purses, married friends and the desire to teach abroad. Just because a husband and/or children aren't on that list, doesn't mean I don't have a full life. I hate that I even have to point this out to people. Oh, and Aunt Barbara, next time you want to set me up, ON CHRISTMAS, let's do it at your house-k?

No comments: